Curious about where this is headed? Want to hear the latest developments? Want to know more about becoming a member?
How to get in touch:
- Sign up for our mailing list
- Like our Facebook Page
- Follow us on Instagram
- Send us an email: info [at] treehousevillage [dot] ca
Info Sessions & Events
at the Fix it Fair: Sunday, Oct 20, 12:00-4:00pm, Halifax Brewery Market
Design Workshops (for associate & equity members*):
- Workshop #1: The Site Plan. Aug 4-5.
- Workshop #2: The Common House & Facilities. September 14-15.
- Workshop #3: The Private Homes. October 26-27.
- Workshop #4: Design Closure. December 7-8.
*To participate in a Design Workshop you must be a registered associate or equity member for at least 3 weeks before a given workshop.
How to become a member:
See the info session schedule above or click here to watch the info session video.
Click here to do the prospective member questionnaire.
- Anyone who has attended an info session.
- Fee: none.
- Privileges: May attend events & observe up to 2 meetings. May not participate in making decisions.
- Has attended completed the prospective member questionnaire, been oriented, and completed registration.
- Fee: $75-$150 for 3 months. Non-renewable except in extenuating circumstances.
- Privileges: May attend meetings and participate in most decisions.
- A fully-participating member. Must have fulfilled responsibilities of Associate Membership, financial pre-qualification, and several other criteria.
- Fee: Starts at $10,000 and increases over time. With each increase, all equity members pay the balance of the new fee to maintain their membership. All equity contributions count towards your down payment.
- Privileges: A company shareholder who has the ability to purchase a home in the cohousing. May attend any meetings and participate in full circle decisions.
One membership per household, regardless of the number of members in the household or the household income. Members may make additional equity investments, which will result in a further discount on their final home price. All fees are non-refundable.