“We envision a joyful, environmentally responsible, healthy, multi-age cohousing community in Bridgewater.”
Treehouse Village Ecohousing is an initiative aimed to build a cohousing development in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, the first of its kind in Atlantic Canada.
- Our planet: living lightly on the earth
- Our neighbours: sharing resources and joy, and welcoming to all
- Ourselves: living in a comfortable and healthy home
- 25-30 units, medium density form (perhaps row houses, duplexes/triplexes/quadplexes) and a variety of unit sizes (1, 2, 3 bedrooms)
- modestly-sized private units and a well-equipped common house, arranged in a community-oriented design
- located within the boundaries of the Town of Bridgewater, connected to town services, within walking distance of important amenities and public transit
- on a site (min. 3 acres) that has ample space for outdoor play and gardening
- multigenerational, welcoming of all family types and ages
- quality, durable construction, built using universal design principles
- very high degree of energy efficiency (net zero or passivehaus standard)
- incorporated as a condominium under the NS Condominium Act
This video captures our first info session (Sept 29. 2018). It gives a great overview of what is in the works for Treehouse Village Ecohousing, and how you can get involved.