The word has been “out” for quite some time, but it’s now “out” in a different way. Treehouse Village has posted our available homes on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), which you can see on both Realtor.ca and Viewpoint.ca, with more details at Innovative Real Estate LTD. This is very exciting, as it will greatly extend our reach.
Is selling homes really what it’s all about? Not at all. We are very excited about and proud of the work we’ve done to design beautiful, energy efficient, private homes to suit a variety of family needs. But a cohousing community is so much more than just a collection of homes. More, even, than a collection of homes with shared amenities (such as our Common House with a large kitchen and dining area, kids’ room, exercise room, guest rooms, laundry facilities, and more). More, even, than a collection of homes nestled in a beautiful wooded area within walking distance of the downtown core of Bridgewater.
A cohousing community is an intentional community where people work together, play together, and help each other. We see this happening already in our community even though the vast majority of our interactions during the past year have been over Zoom. We have made friends, learned together, struggled together, and supported each other.
We recently asked our community what it is they love about Treehouse Village. Here are a few of their responses:
- I love that I have friends that span generations
- I love the sharing aspect of the community
- From gardening to babysitting to car sharing: Pool your resources with other households
- I love the thought that my daughter will be able to play outside safely
- I love that there will be no passing traffic outside our homes
- I love having playmates for my only child
- I love the emphasis on sustainability
- I love it when a plan comes together