It takes a village to raise a child
So, we’re building one!
Treehouse Village Ecohousing is a group of families and households from across Canada and beyond, working together to co-develop our own green housing project. Our village will be located on 15 acres of forested land in Bridgewater, a thriving town on the LaHave River in Nova Scotia — a province known as Canada’s ocean playground.
The 30 private condos will be arranged in a community-oriented design that facilitates social interaction. Each household will have access to a 5,000-sq.ft. common house and a shared workshop space — not to mention gardens, outdoor play areas, trails, old-growth forest, and hopefully a few treehouses!
Are you looking for…
A healthy place to raise your family
- Grow free-range kids in safe outdoor play areas.
- Surround them with a caring, multigenerational community of neighbours.
- Cultivate curiosity with shared gardens, an old-growth forest, and lots more to explore.
A sustainable lifestyle
- Share resources, shop locally, and live lightly.
- Walk or bike to schools, shops, amenities, and services in Bridgewater.
- Enjoy the comfort of healthy homes built to the ultra-high energy-efficient standards of Passive House.
A home that reflects your values
- Create a healthy place to raise a family — and a microcosm of what we want the world to be like.
- Watch our webinar Finding a home that reflects your values.
- Join us in building an intentional community that is welcoming to all.
Treehouse Village Ecohousing will be Atlantic Canada’s first cohousing community, its largest multi-unit residential Passive House construction, and one of its greenest neighbourhoods. We are working with our amazing professional team toward the projected completion date of September 2022.