It takes a village to raise a child
So, we’re building one!
Treehouse Village Ecohousing is a group of families and households from across Canada and beyond, working together to co-develop our own green housing project. Our village will be located on 15 acres of forested land in Bridgewater, a thriving town on the LaHave River in Nova Scotia — a province known as Canada’s ocean playground.
The 30 private condos will be arranged in a community-oriented design that facilitates social interaction. Each household will have access to a 5,000-sq.ft. common house and a shared workshop space — not to mention gardens, outdoor play areas, trails, old-growth forest, and hopefully a few treehouses!
Are you looking for…
A healthy place to raise your family
- Grow free-range kids in safe outdoor play areas.
- Surround them with a caring, multigenerational community of neighbours.
- Cultivate curiosity with shared gardens, an old-growth forest, and lots more to explore.
A sustainable lifestyle
- Share resources, shop locally, and live lightly.
- Walk or bike to schools, shops, amenities, and services in Bridgewater.
- Enjoy the comfort of healthy homes built to the ultra-high energy-efficient standards of Passive House.
A home that reflects your values
- Create a healthy place to raise a family — and a microcosm of what we want the world to be like.
- Watch our webinar Finding a home that reflects your values.
- Join us in building an intentional community that is welcoming to all.
Treehouse Village Ecohousing will be Atlantic Canada’s first cohousing community, its largest multi-unit residential Passive House construction, and one of its greenest neighbourhoods. We are working with our amazing professional team toward the projected completion date of September 2022.
Treehouse Village is 73% sold! Check out our home sale prices available before May 31.